HID Crescendo Smart Card Series
Crescendo® provides organizations with seamless and secure employee authentication, ensuring that only authorized people can access sensitive information. Enabling organizations to implement Zero Trust security architecture, Crescendo can be used as a corporate badge that protects access to facilities and access to digital enterprise resources. Crescendo is designed to be easy and fast to deploy while adapting to continuously evolving security needs thanks to proven standards such as FIDO2 and PKI.
The Crescendo smart card series from HID® Global provides the following benefits.
Seamlessly Secures Any Use Case:
- Effortless compliance while protecting on-premise and cloud-based enterprise resources with strong authentication ensures secure access to:
- IT networks, systems and SSO
- Online applications using FIDO without having to install any software
- Personal computers and shared workstations using Crescendo smart card or security key (USB-A, USB-C, NFC)
- Digital signature, enabling users to verify the provenance of emails and documents
- Data encryption allowing only authorized users to access sensitive information
- Secure printing to ensure confidentiality and guarantee stronger data protection
Offers Converged Corporate Badge:
- A converged corporate badge allows the use of one single smart card for visual identity, network, cloud authentication and physical access.
- Two different interfaces are available to support your dynamic needs: a dual (contact and contactless) interface configuration and/or an iCLASS® contactless interface
Supports Future-Proof Multi-Protocol Standards
- Support for multiple security standards such as FIDO, OATH, PKI and HID Seos Card enable the highest level of security
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 certification is in alignment with the recommendations of NIST Digital Identity Guidelines
A key element within HID Global’s identity and access management multi-factor authentication ecosystem, Crescendo can be used in stand-alone mode or centrally managed by WorkforceID Digital Credential Manager or HID ActivID Credential Management System. It works in combination with HID ActivID ActivClient as well as both cloud-based and on-premise multi-factor authentication software.
HID Global’s multi-factor authentication portfolio – comprising Crescendo, WorkforceID Digital Credential Manager, HID DigitalPersona Software and WorkforceID Authentication – helps organizations improve their security posture, comply with mandates and enhance user experience.
The HID Crescendo smart card product line implements the following industry standards:
- FIDO2 certified, compatible with W3C Web Authentication implemented by all major web browsers; Microsoft-compatible security key
- FIPS201/PIV compatible, provides interoperability for PKI/digital certificates
- GlobalPlatform® remote secure management capability
- Seos®, Indala Prox, MIFARE DESFire EV1 and MIFARE Classic physical access technologies
In addition, Crescendo smart cards support the following security services:
- Authentication: FIDO2/WebAuthn and U2F; PIV authentication – RSA 2048 and ECC p256 and ECC p384; OATH (optional) HOTP and TOTP – SHA1 / SHA-256 / SHA-512
- Signature: PIV signature – RSA 2048 and ECC p256 and ECCp384 with X.509 certificates OATH-OCRA (optional) Test Suites
- Encryption: PIV Key Exchange – RSA 2048 and ECCp256 and ECC p384 with X.509 certificates
- Content Management: AES-128 data encryption
Crescendo Contact/Contactless Smart Card
Works with ISO-7816 contact smart card readers, ISO-14443 (NFC) contactless smart card readers, and supports FIPS 140-2 Level 3 security certification for the card platform.
Crescendo Contactless Smart Card
Supports ISO-14443 (NFC) contactless smart card readers and iCLASS 32K for physical access.